We're a work hard, play hard group that's also fun, inclusive, outgoing, nerdy, diverse, and quirky. We don't tolerate hate. We believe in data privacy while also believing we can improve the world with data. We bring a high level of intensity and so should you.
RoadGoat launched in late 2018, and we're only getting started. We work a ton on Slack, Trello, and Notion. We're always looking to add more great RoadGoats.
The RoadGoat Internship Program
RoadGoat has established an internship program to help develop the next generation of talent from leading colleges and universities. Currently, we have two internship tracks: Data & Analytics and Writing & Social Media.
Data & Analytics Track
- Marketing and operations data excellence
- Setting up new data analytics frameworks
- Doing one-off data analyses
- Setting, managing, and reporting our key performance metrics
- Optimizing our marketing funnel
- Supporting A/B testing
- Optimizing our user acquisition spend
- Working with Content Creation and Community Marketing teams to test/measure which of their initiatives are working or not
- Creating data-driven processes and culture across the company
- Improving the RoadGoat product with data
- Introducing new data sets such as via API's
- Improving our existing product data sets, such as data cleanup and optimization
This role is very much like management consulting - strategizing, optimizing, problem solving. More emphasis is put on asking and answering the right questions than it is about doing large, complex data models. Our current suite of marketing analytics tools includes Segment, PostgreSQL, Metabase, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Hotjar, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Mandrill, Facebook Analytics, and more.
The strategist. The analytical problem solver. Able to grasp and communicate the big picture. Also able to unnderstand the details. Intellectually curious. Technically savvy, for example with SQL, API's, JS. On top of the latest tech industry trends. Able to make numbers motivating, even for non-numbers team members.
Writing & Social Media Track
- Social Media
- Giving our brand life through social media, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Ideating, scheduling, and writing the some of the most captivating travel content on the web via our blog and Medium page
- Working with unique data insights to tell stories visually with data
- Communications & Branding
- Copywriting content across our site to make it super fun and personable!
- Managing and maintaining our database of press contacts
- Pitching our story to the press and influencers, via email, phone, and in person
- Improving email communications across our user base
The amazing storyteller. The creative branding visionary. Lives to write. Lights up the room. Professional. Well-versed with how the public relations industry works. Highly organized and punctual.
More About the Internship Program
The RoadGoat internship will provide you with an amazing opportunity to learn the ins and outs of working at a tech startup. The internship program can take place during the school semester or over the summer. Currently, all internships are unpaid. For summer internships, we prefer interns to be located at our headquarters in New York City, however we may allow for remote work depending on your situation. As the main focus of the program is learning, every intern will be given an optional curriculum and readings and will work closely with RoadGoat's CEO & Chief Goat, Kurosh Hashemi.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. letters are read, but not required. Writing & Social interns, we suggest submitting a writing sample and/or examples of social media you've managed. We take applications on a rolling basis.