Last updated: 01/27/21
RoadGoat API Platform and Data Use Policy
Users of the Hashtravel Inc. ("Hashtravel" or "RoadGoat") application programming interface ("API") and RoadGoat Data (as defined below) are required to comply with RoadGoat's Acceptable Use Policy, API License Agreement, and the terms and conditions of this Policy.
- Your use of the API and RoadGoat Data, including the collection, use, maintenance and disclosure of user data shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and the terms of this Policy, and any advertising, marketing, privacy, or other self-regulatory code(s) applicable to your industry.
- You must not take any action that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail.
- You may use the API and RoadGoat Data only if your application: (a) is non-exclusive, (b) is publicly available, (c) does not require a fee or subscription, (d) does not exceed the daily call limits, (e) is not intended for academic publications, and (f) is not otherwise commercial in nature. If your application does not meet all of these requirements, you will need to obtain an enterprise license or contact us for assistance.
- You must take commercially reasonable steps, compliant with applicable laws, rules and regulations, to protect all data you collect, obtain or access through the API or that users submit to the RoadGoat service through your application and/or website ("RoadGoat Data") and your authentication key from unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- You must not give your authentication key to another party and you take responsibility for any and all use of the API using your authentication key.
- RoadGoat may revoke your authentication credentials at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice, and without liability to you or any other person.
- You must notify us immediately in the event of any unauthorized access to RoadGoat Data, your authentication key, and/or your application and/or website.
- If your application and/or website authenticates RoadGoat service users:
- You must not include functionality in your application and/or website that requests or collects RoadGoat username or passwords, and you may only permit users to log in via OAuth2.
- Your application and/or website must provide a link to the RoadGoat service settings page where the user can disconnect your application and/or website from the RoadGoat service.
- You will only request the RoadGoat Data you need to operate your application and/or website and must make no further use of it and delete it when your application and/or website has no such further use for it, including, without limitation, when a user has withdrawn consent.
- RoadGoat expressly reserves the right to limit the number and/or frequency of API requests in its sole discretion. If RoadGoat reasonably believes that you have attempted to exceed or circumvent the rate limits (including, without limitation, through mass-registering of applications), your ability to use the API may be temporarily or permanently blocked, with or without notice, and without RoadGoat liability to you or any other person.
- If your application and/or website requires or permits the transfer of user information outside of the user's home country (including transfers to RoadGoat's servers, which are in the U.S.), you must ensure that such transfer complies with applicable laws.
- If your application and/or website collects, obtains or accesses any information about RoadGoat service users or submits any user information to RoadGoat, whether acting as a user of your application and/or website or indirectly:
- You must prominently notify and obtain affirmative consent from the user before his or her location data is collected or used by your application and/or website. The notification must clearly disclose that both you and RoadGoat collect and use the user's location data;
- You must respect a user's RoadGoat user settings.
- You must obtain affirmative consent from the user who provided the data before using it for any purpose other than displaying it back to that user on your application and/or website.
- You must obtain affirmative consent from a user before you post any information on their behalf on your application and/or website, the RoadGoat service or through any third party service (including but not limited to Twitter or Facebook).
- If a user authorizes your application and/or website to access the RoadGoat service, you may use such user's RoadGoat service friends' data only in the context of the user's experience with your application and/or website. You may not use a user's friends' information outside of your application and/or website, even if a user consents to such use. No other use or retention of friend information is permitted.
- Your application and/or website may not falsify the location of a user when communicating with RoadGoat.
- You may not publicly display any personal information of a user (e.g., name or profile photos) in any advertisement or promotions without RoadGoat's prior written consent.
- If you receive any de-identified RoadGoat Data, you will not use the RoadGoat Data in combination with any other content, documentation, code, data and related materials made available through any other RoadGoat product, service or application programming interface, or any product, service or application of any third party, to deanonymize, or attempt to deanonymize by any manner or means, any RoadGoat Data or to otherwise identify any individual.
- If your application is using the RoadGoat API to build an integration that is similar to the essential user experience of RoadGoat by providing services around local discovery, search, or recommendations, you may be subject to additional terms.
- If you use any "Explore" RoadGoat Data you will not co-mingle any ranking and/or signal information obtained from such RoadGoat Data with your own or third party ranking and/or signal information.
- Access to the API is currently provided for free, but RoadGoat reserves the right to charge for access to the API in the future, at its sole discretion. If we do charge a fee for using the API or any feature thereof, you do not have any obligation to continue to use the API or the applicable feature.
- Your application and/or website must offer a simple means for users to disable your application and/or website, upon which disabling, you shall permanently delete all data of such user.
- You may cache data you receive through use of the API in order to improve your application's and/or website's user experience, but you should try to keep the data up to date and must delete all old data. This permission does not give you any rights to cached data. For clarity, and without limitation,
- You may not cache or store any RoadGoat places information (including tips, venue photos, check-ins) for more than 24 hours without refreshing.
- You may not cache any data for any person that has not authorized your application and/or website (e.g., friends of users of your application) for more than 3 hours.
- You may not track a user's check-in history or retain any data derived from a user's check-in history without first making the desired use clear to the user and obtaining affirmative consent to that use from that user. This includes tracking users via "here now" or top visitors of a venue.
- In no event may you cache any data for more than 24 hours.
- If you stop using the API or we disable your application and/or website, you must delete all RoadGoat Data.
- You must delete all data concerning a user that you receive from the API if the user asks you to do so, and you must provide a simple and easily accessible mechanism for users to make such a request. We may require you to delete data you receive from the API if you violate our terms. In the event that we do, we will have no liability to you or any other person.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event RoadGoat (a) ceases to provide the API or its places database through the API or (b) elects to charge for access to the API or its places database, and you elect not to continue to use the API and/or RoadGoat's places database because of such charges and you notify RoadGoat in writing of the same (each a "Transition Event"), RoadGoat hereby allows you to retain the Transition Venue Information (as defined below) for a period of 3 months after the Transition Event ("Transition Period") while you transition your service and/or website to a different places database. If at any time during the Transition Period you transition to a new places database, the license from RoadGoat automatically terminates and you must delete any such Transition Venue Information within 24 hours after such transition, provided that you may continue to use any RoadGoat venue ids. For the purposes of this Policy, "Transition Venue Information" means the address, phone number, email address, lat/lng information, url and twitter handle associated with any venue that is included in RoadGoat's places database that you accessed prior to the Transition Event.
V. No Transfer
- You will not directly or indirectly transfer any RoadGoat Data, including user data or RoadGoat user IDs, to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related toolset, even if a user consents to such transfer or use. By "indirectly," we mean you cannot, for example, transfer data to a third party who then transfers the data to an ad network. By "any RoadGoat Data," we mean all data obtained through use of the API, including aggregate, anonymous or derivative data.
- You will not sell, rent, or transfer any RoadGoat Data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you may continue to use user data within your application and/or website, but you may not transfer data outside your application and/or website.
- If you collect, use, store or disclose any RoadGoat Data:
- you receive and use RoadGoat service user data, including a description of the categories of user data received and how you use and disclose it;
- you share user data with RoadGoat, for use by RoadGoat for its own purposes; and
- the user may read theAPI License Agreement
- Your application and/or website must not collect personally identifiable information of any user unless it first informs the user about the types of information being collected and how that information may be used and then obtains the user's express permission for those uses.
- In connection with your use of the API and RoadGoat Data you must comply with our attribution and linking policy. Additionally, you are required to display all attribution information and any proprietary notices associated with the RoadGoat Data that you collect, obtain or access through the API, including without limitation data from third party data providers.
- Your application and/or website must not:
- Use business names and/or logos in a manner that can mislead, confuse or deceive users (e.g., do not copy the look and feel of the RoadGoat service);
- Confuse or mislead users about the source or purpose of your application and/or website;
- Impersonate or facilitate impersonation of others in a manner that can mislead, confuse or deceive users.
- You must not express or imply any affiliation or relationship with or endorsement by us.
- If your application and/or website displays any RoadGoat logos or trademarks, you must prominently include the following statement: "All of the RoadGoat® logos (including all badges) and trademarks displayed on this [application/service] are the property of Hashtravel Inc."
- You must read and comply with the RoadGoat brand guidelines.
- RoadGoat shall have the right to use, reproduce, transfer, sublicense and otherwise exploit perpetually any place, venue, latitude and longitude, or other location information that you or your users submit, upload, post, create or add to the RoadGoat services through your use of the API (including, without limitation, the use by users of your application and/or website).
- If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that RoadGoat is free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, RoadGoat doesn't waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to RoadGoat, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
IX. Additional Terms for "Merchant API" Users
- When using the Merchant API to create, modify, view or display specials, offers, coupons, deals, etc. (collectively, "Specials") you must 1) expose the RoadGoat Special type, 2) provide attribution to RoadGoat and 3) include a link to the relevant section of the RoadGoat venue dashboard.
- A Special must:
- Be a special, offer, coupon, that provides a good, service, or benefit offered to a user for free or for a reduced price.
- Not require that a user use another service or website to redeem the Special.
- Be tied to at least one "check-in" in order for the Special to be unlocked.
- Your application and/or website must expose at least as much functionality with respect to the RoadGoat Merchant Data as is made available through the Merchant API. If the Merchant API includes a particular function with respect to the RoadGoat Merchant Data, all aspects of that function and all Merchant API calls related to that function must be enabled and exposed. Your application and/or website will need to expose any additional functionality added to the Merchant API within 4 months after you receive notice of any such functionality.
- You acknowledge that RoadGoat may monitor any Merchant API activity for the purpose of ensuring quality, improving RoadGoat products and services and compliance with this Policy. You shall not try to interfere with such monitoring or otherwise obscure from RoadGoat your Merchant API activity. RoadGoat may use any technical means to overcome such interference.
- You agree that RoadGoat may inspect your application and/or website to determine your compliance with this Policy. Any such inspection will be during normal business hours. You must allow RoadGoat to visit your place of business, or inspect your application and/or website in some other manner agreed between you and RoadGoat, within 7 days after notice from RoadGoat that RoadGoat desires to inspect your applications and/or websites.
- If you manage a venue(s) on behalf of your customers:
- You will only manage venues of a customer that:
- Has entered into a binding agreement with you in which the customer explicitly consents to your management of its venue(s);
- Is associated with a RoadGoat service user account that is tied to the manager relationship of the applicable verified venue(s) on the RoadGoat services;
- Is the direct manager of the applicable verified venue(s) on the RoadGoat services.
- RoadGoat will have the right to have a listing of all of your customers and the venues that you manage;
- You will not include functionality that requests or collects RoadGoat service usernames or passwords of the customer.
- You may only access venue data, including "here now" data, for venues you manage, or if you manage venues on behalf of your customers, only for venues that your customers manage.
- You may only create, modify, view or display Specials on behalf of venues you manage, or if you manage venues on behalf of your customers, only on behalf of venues that your customers manage. RoadGoat reserves the right to (i) remove, suspend, block, edit or modify any Specials in its sole discretion, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Specials or if RoadGoat is concerned that you may have violated this policy), or for no reason at all and (ii) to determine how and where to display the Specials in its sole discretion.
- You must, at all times, provide to any customer for whose accounts you are accessing through the Merchant API the ability to easily and quickly (no longer than 3 business days after customer notice to you) disassociate their venues from your services and regain exclusive control of their venue accounts.
- You will only manage venues of a customer that:
- You shall not use any automated means (for example scraping or robots) other than the Merchant API to access, query or otherwise collect RoadGoat-related information RoadGoat or any website owned or operated by RoadGoat or a RoadGoat partner site that displays RoadGoat information.
- You shall not co-mingle any RoadGoat Data with any data of a third party, specifically:
- Your application and/or website must not show any input fields for collecting or transmitting RoadGoat Data in the same tab or screen with the content of third parties or input fields for collecting or transmitting data to third parties.
- Your application and/or website may not offer a functionality that copies data from one tab or screen into another tab or screen.
- Notwithstanding anything in Section IV (Retention) above:
- In no event may you cache any RoadGoat Data for more than 24 hours.
- In no event may you cache any RoadGoat Data that includes user data for more than 3 hours.
RoadGoat’s services (the “Services”) help people make the most of where they are by helping them find their friends and discover interesting places and experiences nearby. We help people connect with places and places connect with people. To make sure people feel safe and comfortable using our Services, we require everyone to agree to and follow these rules.
You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with RoadGoat’s services (the “Services”). Additionally, you agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and, if you represent a business, any advertising, marketing, privacy, or other self-regulatory code(s) applicable to your industry.
Things you can’t do:
- use the Services if your application is exclusive, not open to the public, requires a fee or subscription, exceeds the daily call limits, or is otherwise commercial in nature. If your application meets any of these conditions, you will need to obtain an enterprise license.
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by RoadGoat in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on RoadGoat's (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the services;
- bypass any measures RoadGoat may use to prevent or restrict access to Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services) or tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, or the computer or delivery systems of RoadGoat and/or its service providers;
- run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Services;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means other than through currently available, published interfaces that are provided by RoadGoat (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions) or unless permitted by RoadGoat’s robots.txt file or other robot exclusion mechanisms;
- harvest or scrape any content from the Services;
- probe, scan, or test any system or network (particularly for vulnerabilities), or otherwise attempt to breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including without limitation by forging TCP-IP packet headers or email headers;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
Things you can't post:
You cannot post any content on or through the Services that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by RoadGoat in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
- other than appropriate use of an Add-to Link, involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without RoadGoat's prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of RoadGoat or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of RoadGoat;
- includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information;
- violates RoadGoat's Photo Guidelines. RoadGoat has a zero-tolerance policy against child pornography, and will terminate and report to the appropriate authorities any user who publishes or distributes child pornography.